Position Summary: The Family Pastor is a member of the ClearView Executive Team and provides leadership and oversight to the ministry areas of Students, Children, and Preschool. This team member’s responsibilities include pastoral care for families and preaching in worship services as requested by the Senior Pastor. This position will report to the Senior Pastor.
Position Status: This role is full-time, exempt, with an average of 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Seminary degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of ministry experience preferred
- Experience in either student, children, and/or preschool ministry
- Experience in preaching/teaching
- Strong communicator
Executive Team Roles
- Serve with the Executive Team to create alignment of vision, goals, and strategy across all ministry areas within ClearView
- Preach as requested in worship services approximately 10-12 times/year
- Serve in other pastoral duties as needed
Age-Related Ministry Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and strategic oversight of the Student, Children, Preschool, and ClearView Prep Ministry teams to establish the vision, set goals, and execute the strategy that aligns with ClearView’s Core Values
- Provide pastoral guidance for sensitive matters that require ministerial involvement
- Mentor Kingdom Growth Institute Residents
- Ensure theological and doctrinal alignment in all curriculum and other teaching material
- Serve as a point of contact for parents and guardians to equip them to be the primary discipler of their children
- Recruit and regularly care for volunteers throughout the year
- Ensure that policies, procedures, and best practices are being followed accordingly
- Assist the Student, Children, Preschool, ClearView Prep Ministry teams in day-to-day operations and weekly programming as necessary
The minister who carries this position needs to be aligned with God in these ways:
- Embracing Of The Holy Spirit. At ClearView we are a New Testament Church and we believe all the gifts of the Spirit are still active today.
[John 14:16-31, 1 Corinthians 12:4-13]
- Possessing Of A Coachable & Collaborative Spirit.
[Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, 1 Peter 5:6, Colossians 3:12-13]
- Willing To Take A Stance On Godly Character.
[Psalm 1:1-3, 1 Timothy 3:1-7]
- Believing In The Absolute Authority Of Scripture.
[2 Timothy 3:16-17]
Qualities and Characteristics
- Demonstrates a mature faith in Jesus Christ and is faithful in worship, prayer, and congregational life
- Endorses and displays the church’s mission, vision, values, and operating principles
- Exhibits high integrity, including the proper handling of confidential information
- Exercises good judgment and positively leads and influences others
- Is an innovative thinker
- Works well in a collaborative environment with staff and church members
- Manages multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner
- Highly proficient in computer skills including, but not limited to, spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, internet, email, and church management software required
- Works a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Performs other duties as assigned
Click here to apply: https://www.clearview.org/familypastor/