This school year, our Gospel Project Curriculum (grades 1-5) is focused on the whole New Testament. We’re excited to see our children and families dig deeper into the truths of Scripture as we take a chronological approach to the New Testament.
Our next two units are “Jesus’ Early Ministry” and “Jesus Performed Miracles.” Below is a quick overview of our fall lessons:
Jesus’ Early Ministry
- September 20 –Jesus Met Nicodemus, John 3:1-21
- September 27 –Jesus and John the Baptist, John 3:22-36
- October 4 –Jesus Met a Samaritan Woman, John 4:1-26
- October 11 –Rejection at Nazareth, John 4:16-30
Jesus Performed Miracles
- October 18 –Jesus Healed an Official’s Son, John 4:46-54
- October 25 –Jesus Drove Out Evil Spirits, Mark 1:21-28, Luke 4:31-37
- November 1 –Jesus Healed Peter’s Mother-in-Law, Matthew 8:14-17, Mark 1:29-31, Luke 4:38-39
- November 8 –Jesus Cleansed a Leper, Matthew 8:1-4, Mark 1:40-45, Luke 5:12-16
- November 15 –Four Friends Helped, Matthew 9:1-8, Mark 2:1-12, Luke 5:17-26
- November 22 –Jesus Healed a Man’s Hand, Matthew 12:9-14, Mark 3:1-6, Luke 6:6-11
Our Sunday morning leaders do an amazing job of loving and teaching your children each week. They are a great resource for you. I also encourage you to talk about these great stories with your children at home. Take advantage of the Family Devotionals that are mailed out with Scribbles each month and posted on our “Parents of Children” page on the website. These devotionals supplement our Sunday morning teaching and provide you with a family activity to reinforce the lesson at home.
As you and your children have questions, know that our Kids Ministry staff is available to talk with you and point you to answers found in Scripture. Feel free to call or email us. We would love to talk with you and even set up a time to talk with your children. We want to support you in the best way possible as you lead and disciple your family.