June 19-23, ClearView Children’s Ministry took 59 people on an amazing adventure to CentriKid Camp in Campbellsville, KY. All week long, we learned how “Jesus is the One True Light” (John 8:12). For six of our campers, this became a reality for the first time. We are rejoicing because they decided to give their lives to Jesus and follow His light!
The truth of the Gospel became real to them because it was explained in such a clear and simple way:
1. GOD RULES: The Bible tells us God created everything, including you and me, and He is in charge of everything. (Genesis 1:1; Revelation 4:11; Colossians 1:16-17)
2. WE SINNED: We all choose to disobey God. The Bible calls this sin. Sin Separates us from God and deserves God’s punishment of death. (Romans 3:23; 6:23)
3. GOD PROVIDED: God sent Jesus, the perfect solution to our sin problem, to rescue us from the punishment we deserve. It’s something we, as sinners, could never earn on our own. (John 3:15; Ephesians 2:8-9)
4. JESUS GIVES: He lived a perfect life, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again. Because Jesus gave up His life for us, we can be welcomed into God’s family for eternity. This is the best gift ever! (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 3:8; Ephesians 2:8-9)
5. WE RESPOND: Believe in your heart that Jesus alone saves you through what He’s already done on the cross. Repent, turning from self and sin to Jesus. Tell God and others that your faith in in Jesus. (John 14:6; Romans 10:9-10, 13)
God even gave me a clear object lesson on our final full day of camp. While we were doing some laundry, I kept trying to put a quarter into the machine, and the machine would not take it. I tried again and again, but it never worked. Finally, I realized it was a Canadian quarter! No wonder it wouldn’t work! To the machine, it was a counterfeit quarter.
The same is true for us. We often try to fill our lives with counterfeit thoughts from the world. Only the true, clear Gospel will fill us and set us free. This was such a good and simple reminder to me to keep my focus on God’s Word and follow His light.
Please continue to pray for the children that made decisions for Christ and for the rest of us to grow in the truth we learned while at camp. We want to show others how to trust and follow Jesus.