Youth Evangelism Conference
Municipal Auditorium | Nashville
Event Volunteer Registration
WHAT IS YEC? YEC allows youth groups from all over Tennessee to come learn, hear, and be challenged to live out their faith. We encourage students to bring their unsaved friends to hear the message of Christ! Each year we have about 9,200 students and youth leaders that come from all over Tennessee to attend. Through this event, hundreds of students make professions of faith each year! We, the youth ministry team, would like to invite you to join us for an amazing time to serve our youth at this conference as a VOLUNTEER, to be the hands and feet of Christ!
WHAT DO I DO AS A VOLUNTEER? First, you must be 18 years of age and out of high school to volunteer. You are expected to come prepared to serve as needed. We need hard workers, who are willing to sacrifice their time to help out! Several areas that volunteers will serve are merchandise tables, ushering, crowd control, collecting offering and decision cards, and various other opportunities. Below you can read full descriptions of each of the teams. Volunteering is a commitment!!
1. HOSPITALITY: Exuberate exciting enthusiasm as youth leaders and their groups enter the arena. This person needs to have a positive, upbeat attitude and willingness to interact with the crowd as they are entering and leaving the arena.
2. MERCHANDISE: Be able to exemplify customer service as people ask questions and purchase merchandise. This person needs to be organized and responsible with handling of money.
3. MAIN SESSION TEAM: Volunteers are responsible for helping youth groups find seats, take up offering, and host their section. Each volunteer will be assigned a section in the arena to usher. They are required to remain with their section during each session.
EXPECTATIONS: We are thankful that you are willing to serve with us at YEC this year. There are a couple expectations that we ask of our volunteers:
- Come with a positive, exciting, willing-to-do attitude
- Be on time to check-in and your assigned position
- Be flexible
- Understand your responsibilities and ask for clarification
CANCELLATIONS: We know that there can be some unforeseen circumstances that arise once you decide to volunteer that can affect your availability. We ask that you notify Margaret Sinclair via email or phone call, if your plans should change. Thanks!
WHEN? March 10-11, 2017. You will volunteer starting Friday from 4:00 pm-10:30 pm and Saturday from 7:30 am-1 pm. We ask that our volunteers be able to serve at the conference the entire time both Friday and Saturday. If you are unable to do so, we will make some special considerations based on specific situations.
PERKS OF VOLUNTEERING? As a volunteer, you receive dinner on Friday night and breakfast on Saturday morning, you get a free YEC clothing item to wear, parking is paid for, and for those who work both days and live further than 25 miles from Nashville receive a night’s stay at a hotel!