Dear Clearview Baptist Church,
Community Outreach Ministries needs you! Our immediate need is for volunteers to help with our Night for Hope annual auction & dinner fundraising event that’s coming up soon. We need people to procure auction items for our silent and live auction.
Who is Community Outreach Ministries?
Our mission is to offer help, hope and healing to the tired, discouraged, wounded, broken and often invisible and forgotten in our community. We partner with churches and organizations and provide a variety of pastoral services. Additionally, we walk with people as God forges diamonds out of the ordinary C.O.A.L. of human life through our 4 main ministries: Caregivers (Breathe), Officers (Behind the Badge), Athletes (Outside the Lines), Leaders (Unleash).
Listed below are other volunteer opportunities through COM. This allows the church to practice loving service and missional outreach to those in the community, many of whom do not already know Jesus or attend church.
COM Volunteer Opportunities:
- Leaders, from any walk of life, who are willing to share their experiences and wisdom for growth with other leaders
- Former athletes who are willing to visit and share their story or experiences or other avenues of developing character with our young athletes
- Families/groups/individuals who would be willing to pray for and write a letter, or offer other expressions of support for our officers, 1 month at a time
- Groups who would be willing to sponsor or host a lunch or a similar gathering for caregivers
- Sit with a loved one of a caregiver for an hour or two once a month or on a rotation with others once a month (these would not be high-needs individuals); the best expertise needed is simply a listening ear
- Help mentor or advise COM on social media and ongoing web presence
- Citizen's Assurance Program - Working with Sheriff's Office, make daily phone calls to a participant requesting the security of a daily contact
- Help with Night for Hope auction & dinner, golf tournament and other fundraising activities
- Participate in Somerby Senior Living Sunday afternoon service 3:00 - 3:45. Opportunities include lead worship, serve communion, lead a devotional, pray, give a 5 - 10-minute talk, or just be present and visit with the residents.
Your support – volunteers, prayers, and financial support – enable us to fulfill our mission of offering help, hope and healing to the tired, discouraged, wounded, broken and often invisible and forgotten in our community.
Contact me at email@example.com or 615-591-1441 with your contact information and the area(s) you would like to plug into or with any questions. Visit our website atwww.communityoutreachministries.org to learn more about us.
Pray for God’s Spirit to powerfully work in and through this ministry.
Thank you for partnering with Community Outreach Ministries!